This was another new recipe for me - a flapjack combined with a Bakewell tart. I found lots of different variations on line so picked bits from recipes that I liked the look of. I like flapjacks to be chewy so I cooked them on a fairly low heat. They were a success - sweet and soft with a good almond flavour - a recipe to make again.
- 200g oats
- 50g ground almonds
- 150g butter
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 75g golden syrup
- 1tsp almond extract
- 50g flaked almonds
- 4tbsp raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 160' centigrade.
- Line a square 8" tin
- Melt the butter in the microwave then add the syrup and brown sugar and almond extract.
- Mix well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats and ground almonds and mix again until well combined.
- Put half the mixture in a thin layer in the tin, push down till flat with the back of a spoon.
- Warm the jam in the microwave then roughly cover in the tin.
- Cover with the remainder of the oat mixture and press down.
- Scatter over the flaked almonds.
- Cook for 25 - 35 minutes.
- Cut into 16 while hot, but leave in the tin to cool before taking out.