Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Bakewell Flapjacks


This was another new recipe for me - a flapjack combined with a Bakewell tart.  I found lots of different variations on line so picked bits from recipes that I liked the look of.  I like flapjacks to be chewy so I cooked them on a fairly low heat.  They were a success - sweet and soft with a good almond flavour - a recipe to make again.

Bakewell Flapjacks
Bakewell Flapjacks.


Ingredients



  • 200g oats
  • 50g ground almonds
  • 150g butter
  • 75g soft brown sugar
  • 75g golden syrup
  • 1tsp almond extract
  • 50g flaked almonds 
  • 4tbsp raspberry jam

Method


  • Preheat the oven to 160' centigrade.
  • Line a square 8" tin
  • Melt the butter in the microwave then add the syrup and brown sugar and almond extract.
  • Mix well until the sugar has dissolved.
  • Add the oats and ground almonds and mix again until well combined.
  • Put half the mixture in a thin layer in the tin, push down till flat with the back of a spoon.
  • Warm the jam in the microwave then roughly cover in the tin.
  • Cover with the remainder of the oat mixture and press down.
  • Scatter over the flaked almonds.
  • Cook for 25 - 35 minutes.
  • Cut into 16 while hot, but leave in the tin to cool before taking out.

4 comments:

  1. oh my! Just when you think bakewells (and flapjacks) couldn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely something I have got to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately! Let me know how you get on.

      Delete