Mum was organizing a fund raising Coffee Morning for the local RNLI. This was my contribution to the sale. The individual mini loaf cases were from Lakeland. The recipe makes 12 individual mini loaves. I must thank nephew E and niece G for their help with this recipe - they are hoping to see me one day on the Great British Bake Off!
|Not the best photograph but they still look quite impressive!|
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 175g softened butter
- 175g self raising flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g granulated sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 160' Celsius.
- Mix the flour, sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder and lemon rind with an electric hand whisk until well combined.
- Place the individual cases onto a flat baking sheet - I had to use 2 small sheets to fit them all without squashing.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases - each one took roughly 3 teaspoons. Fill them as equally as possible.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Mix the sugar with the lemon juice until well combined.
- Make approximately 6 holes in the top of each cake with a skewer.
- While the cakes are still warm, divide the icing evenly over the cakes.