Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Individual Mini Lemon Drizzle Loaves

This is the first blog post I've written in a while.  Its been a busy few weeks.  Also, I dropped and broke my camera so its back to photographs taken on my phone until I get a replacement.

Mum was organizing a fund raising Coffee Morning for the local RNLI.  This was my contribution to the sale.  The individual mini loaf cases were from Lakeland.  The recipe makes 12 individual mini loaves.  I must thank nephew E and niece G for their help with this recipe - they are hoping to see me one day on the Great British Bake Off!

Individual Lemon Drizzle Loaves
Not the best photograph but they still look quite impressive!


Ingredients


Cake

 
  • grated rind of 1 lemon
  • 175g softened butter
  • 175g self raising flour
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
 
 

Icing


  • 100g granulated sugar
  • juice of 1 lemon
 

Method


Cake


  • Preheat the oven to 160' Celsius.
  • Mix the flour, sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder and lemon rind with an electric hand whisk until well combined.
  • Place the individual cases onto a flat baking sheet - I had to use 2 small sheets to fit them all without squashing.
  • Spoon the mixture into the cases - each one took roughly 3 teaspoons.  Fill them as equally as possible.
  • Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Icing


  • Mix the sugar with the lemon juice until well combined.
  • Make approximately 6 holes in the top of each cake with a skewer.
  • While the cakes are still warm, divide the icing evenly over the cakes. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the cases - did the cake come out cleanly? I have found in the past that card cases can get grease stains during baking - did these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure - I've left them at mum's still in the cases to cool. I think they will be sold like that in the Coffee Morning - buyer beware! Its quite a hassle making the small ones - next time I'll do the normal sized loaf - but for a sale I think these will be easier to sell.

    ReplyDelete